This is the 3rd consecutive year for #HIT100!
But this year #HIT100 will have it’s own website! The site will be published over the weekend.
The first one started during the 2011 Fourth of July week holiday.
I hope everyone is as excited again this year as they were last year when the #HIT100 crowd-sourcing nomination was first launched just for fun during the 2011 4th of July weekend. At least I am.
Surprisingly, even to me, #HIT100 was the perfect summer thunderstorm. Participation was massive and it kept going through the month of July as if were never to end.
For those of you whom are new to the #HIT100 contest, this is just a way for the entire #HealthIT and #HITsm communities to reward those that have, for the past year, been supporting healthcare information technology through social media. Specifically those that have contributed with articles, books, blogging, tweeting, forming social networks and by just simply giving their best to improve healthcare one grain (or tweet) at a time.
The first year the tallying got a bit challenging because the rules were a bit too simple. This created difficulties in my being able to keep up with everything while at the same time performing my daily job.
This year will repeat what was done last year which made things much easier and I could continue with my daily obligations without interrupting them.
In order to simplify the nomination counting, there will be some restrictions on how nominations will be counted.
1. The nomination is a simple tweet that should be written as follows: “I nominate @tweet_handle to the #HIT100 list. #HealthIT #HITsm” (omit the quotes in the tweet),
2. Only one twitter handle may be nominated in one tweet,
3. Simple RTs will be counted but “thank you” or “TY” RTs will not nor will RTs of RTs, so keep it simple,
4. The first round will be for the first top 250 nominees and this round will last 7 days or until the stream slows down,
5. From the first round the top 100 nominees will be listed on the #HIT100 list,
6. The second round will be executed the same way but only those that showed up in the #HIT100 list can be nominated,
7. The second round count will narrow down to the first 5 of the #HIT100 list. These 5 are this years champs!,
8. Last but not least, you must have lots of fun!
I’m looking forward to this years champs.
Does anyone remember who the top 5 were last year?
Does anyone remember who the top 2 winners of 2011 and 2012, respectively,were?
@theEHRGuy (Michael Planchart)